Totes McGoat, Issue 12.10: The Loggins Ride
So it’s come to this.
A year and three months after launching my own comic strip (and, strangely enough, on my 34th birthday), I’m calling it quits — for a little while. I need a summer break. Maybe a longer break. Don’t worry — Totes and Lucky will still show up occasionally, sending postcards or photos or announcements for good friends. But for now, well, let’s just say we’ll meet again.
Until we do meet again, though, remember that the “Totes McGoat” archives are always here for your fun and amusement. The store is still open, too (edit: no, it’s not). And I’ll still be writing all sorts of delightful things over at ThatsAGirlsCar.com, so stop by there often.
I’d like to thank everyone who’s supported this endeavor since I scanned my first badly drawn goat:
- Nathan, the best superfan (and copyeditor) ever.
- Chris and Whitney, who laughed (genuinely) at the very first strips.
- Sara H., who told me, “I can’t stop saying ‘Totes McGoat’ over and over!”
- Stu and Kathleen, who offered great plot and character ideas.
- Chris (again), Elaine, Todd, Mary, Sara H. (again), Aaron, Kimberlee, Nathan (again), and especially my mother for supporting this site by buying some fabulous merchandise.
- And, of course, my husband David, who laughed with (not at) all of my comics, bought merch whenever I asked him to, and supported me — and continues to support me — through the good and bad times.
Okay — before someone bursts into a bad rendition of “Wind Beneath My Wings,” let’s get to the last (for now) comic strip. As longtime fans will notice, it’s a sly shout-out to Issue 4, where we discovered Totes’ secret unironic love of Britney Spears’ music. It’s also the introduction of a new expression for Lucky, which I thought Nathan would enjoy.
But most of all, this episode is dedicated to my brother, who is serving in the United States Air Force and is currently stationed in Afghanistan. I’m not saying he was the inspiration for Totes in this episode; but yeah, he totally was, and my sister will vouch for that. So Carlos, this is for you, and for the love we all have — and still have — for the “Top Gun” soundtrack.
Enjoy. And I’ll see you guys again soon.
Copyright 2011, Sarah at ThatsAGirlsCar.com and TotesMcGoat.com. All rights reserved.